CrossRoads Church in Red Deer, AB is looking for a K-6 Ministry Curriculum Coordinator
Reports to: Pastor to K-6 Families
Type of Position/Remuneration: Part-time Role (20 hours/week) Based on qualifications and salary grid
This position is designed to effectively coordinate, develop and implement the K-6 curriculum prioritizing our goal of being inwardly strong and outwardly focused through the discipleship and growth of the children at CrossRoads Church and the desire to reach others in our community. The leader will use their gifts of organization/planning ahead, written communication, Biblical literacy, and creativity to edit and craft Sunday morning curriculum that is solid, fun and age-appropriate. By providing inspiring and thoughtful curriculum and empowering serves to implement it, the children and families are impacted to know and follow Jesus. The leader will have a genuine love for children, be enthusiastic, creative, have strong relational skills to connect with kids, parents, volunteers and staff and pursue with excellence CrossRoads’ vision to reach Central Alberta for Christ through serving kids and families in a positive, Jesus following, effective and ambitious kids’ ministry culture.
- Manage, edit, and distribute the plan and the curriculum for K-6 program. This requires planning ahead 6-12 months.
- Develop new curriculum for certain seasons and times of the year (i.e. Advent, Easter & Summer).
- Lead Sunday programming as needed (i.e. filling in for other staff members when on holidays).
- Scheduling, training, recruiting, and communicating with storytelling team and other guest speakers.
- Research and compile curriculum, videos, and teaching for Sunday programming.
- Lead some and provide support to some K-6 ministry events and other special events (Faith @ Home, VBS, Easter/Christmas events, etc.). This will require work schedule flexibility at times.
- Ensure all details pertaining to curriculum, music, large group teaching is in place to execute Sundays.
- Collaborate with Children’s Ministry Assistant for the purchasing and creation of curriculum supplies and the proper set up and upkeep of all Sunday School classrooms.
- Collaborate with the K-6 Pastor and K-6 Team Coordinator in the curriculum training of all serves. This includes providing ongoing hands-on curriculum training to serves.
- Attend all staff meetings, congregational meetings and team meetings as assigned.
- Secondary education preferred
- Spiritually mature Christian
- Have a love for Scripture
- Member, or willing to become a member of CrossRoads Church
- Demonstrated excellence in written/verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of child development (physical, intellectual and spiritual)
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with children and their parents as well as volunteers
- Enjoys working with and contributing to a team
- Ability to work on Sundays (morning and evening) and in office during work week
- A willingness to serve and a positive attitude Requires a high level of initiative and the ability to work independently, performing duties with minimal direction and supervision
- Ability to anticipate needs, to be highly organized, pay attention to detail, multi-task and be a good time manager
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Publisher, Word, Power Point, Excel & Outlook
- Must provide a Criminal Record Check Must agree and sign the CrossRoads Lifestyle Agreement and the Confidentiality Agreement.
- Understand and support the vision, mission, and strategic direction of CrossRoads Church.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Kendra Berniko at the Church Office or via email to KendraB@CrossRoadsChurch.ca.
38105 Range Road 275
Red Deer County, AB T4S 2N4
“To give everyone in Central Alberta the opportunity to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and by following Him together, impact the world with compassion and hope.”