We follow Jesus
We value His ways, His words and His life as our example.
- Have this same attitude in yourselves that was also in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 2:5)
- Therefore, God elevated Him to a place of highest honour and gave Him the name above all other names, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow…and every tongue declare that Jesus Christ is Lord. (Philippians 2:9-11)
We depend on the Holy Spirit
We value listening to the voice of the Spirit. We seek to walk in the power of the Spirit.
- There is fellowship together in the Spirit. (Philippians 2:1 paraphrase)
We genuinely care
We value relationships. We strive to live as the family of God. We seek to compassionately care.
- Do nothing out of selfish ambition…rather, in humility, value others above yourselves. (Philippians 2:3)
We humbly serve
Like Jesus, we value humilityand servant-leadership.
- Though He was God, He did not think of equality with God as something to cling to. Instead, He emptied Himself and took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. When He appeared in human form, He humbled himself in obedience to God and died a criminal’s death on the cross. (Philippians 2:6-8)
We collaborate together
We value being together, learning together, working together and being on mission together. We value the multiplication of disciples, leaders and churches.
- Then make my joy complete by being like-minded, loving one another and working together with one mind and purpose. (Philippians 2:2)