Centre Street Church in Calgary, AB is looking for an Administrative Assistant
Full-time Permanent Position (40 Hours per Week)
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant - Compassion & Care Ministry in Centre for the City.
What is the Centre of the City? It is an invitation for all of us to be in the city. We have more opportunities than ever to be empowered by the Holy Spirit to love our neighbours in Jesus’ name. It’s about God transforming our city through us … one person at a time. Think of it as everything God can do for the city… through you, through me, and through the Centre Street Church family. We are linked arm to arm with CSC’s community partners to make a deeper impact for God’s kingdom, forming a missional network that can empower all of us. All of our campuses. All of our partners. And each of us as individuals and families.
If you have a heart for using your skills and abilities to make a difference in people's lives and are excited about how your experience can help us accomplish our mission of introducing people to Jesus and helping them become fully devoted followers of him, we would love to talk to you.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The focus of the Administrative Assistant role is to provide high-capacity administrative support to the team, as well as volunteers and the community of neighbours that access the services and ministries provided by Centre for The City and our Compassion & Care Ministry.
- Oversee Compassion & Care Manager’s calendar.
- Assist with overseeing and equipping volunteers.
- Provide detail-oriented organizational skills in task and project management in a multi-person office environment.
- Track and report stats to Ministry Coordinator for Centre for the City.
- Be available for drop-ins, questions from Centre Street Church congregants, volunteers and those we serve.
- Provide administrative leadership to the Compassion & Care Ministry. Anticipate upcoming responsibilities and take responsibility for tasks with a high regard for excellence and ownership.
- Project manage CSC’s annual Christmas Hampers initiative, working in conjunction with other staff with respect to inputting data, phone calls, planning events, communications requests, and running events.
- Oversee the Food Bank Depot (wrap crates, set up, lead distribution, train volunteers, etc.), provide administrative support, communicate with volunteers and Food Bank staff and do Food Bank referrals when needed.
- Work with the Life Journey team to book appointments, maintain and communicate schedules to both volunteers and neighbours, collect items required in a timely manner, and communicate outcomes.
- Work with the Compassion & Care Ministry Manager to screen/interview volunteer applicants and train/mentor new volunteers.
- Ensure safety protocols are being followed, organize volunteer appreciation activities and compose email communication as needed in collaboration with the Compassion & Care Ministry Manager.
- Maintain organized systems of collecting receipts, and provide details to the Compassion & Care Ministry Manager regarding expenses.
- Actively participate in, or lead a huddle, community group, missional community or be serving as a volunteer in a ministry within CSC.
- Proven experience and demonstrated skills in administrative leadership.
- Demonstrates a heart of compassion for the marginalized. A clear knowledge on how to engage with the marginalized.
- Understands the nature and ministry of Compassion & Care Ministry and Centre for the City and has a deep sense of the important administrative support provided.
- Proven ability in detail-oriented organizational skills in task and project management in a multi-person office environment.
- Excellent communication and listening skills, with the ability to receive input positively from volunteers and leaders.
- Excellent balance of people and task skills with a proven ability to adapt to change quickly.
- Spiritual gifts essential to the position must be evident including the gifts of administration, helps and compassion.
- Proven working knowledge of such programs as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Experience in church databases would be an asset, or the ability to learn quickly is required.
- Proven ability to manage, serve and work with volunteers and volunteer teams. Capable of Training and following up with new volunteers.
- Being comfortable with face-to-face meetings with existing clients and walk-ins when called upon.
- Understand and serve within a high level of confidentiality and trust with personal information.
- Ability to take the initiative to start new projects and manage projects as needed
- Experience/ ability in leading and/or assisting with workshops, seminars and training events.
- Experience in the Human Services sector would be an asset.
- If married, demonstrates a strong and healthy marriage and family, with a spousal commitment to their calling into ministry and spousal involvement in the life of CSC as a participating member.
- Experience in discovering and developing volunteers.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational and time/self-management skills.
- Possess a strong curiosity to learn and ask crucial questions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to respectfully deal with conflict using the principles set out in Matthew 18.
- Flexible and adaptable – evening and weekend work will be required.
- Ability and/or experience of working in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to problem-solve/troubleshoot “on the fly”.
- Detail-oriented and ability to complete tasks quickly and effectively.
- Understand, support and live out CSC’s membership covenant and statement of faith.
- Be a model to others of what is means to be a fully devoted follower of Christ.
- Willingness to commit to and uphold CSC’s Human Resources Policies, Code of Conduct, Confidentiality Agreement, Job Performance Expectations, Staff Values Based Behaviours, Lifestyle Agreement and Staff Expectations.
Please apply by completing our CSC Employment Application and sending it along with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.