Beginning today, August 24th, the judicial review of the Law Society of British Columbia (LSBC) decision, which refused accreditation for future Trinity Western University School of Law graduates, will commence. Open to the public, the hearing is scheduled to run for five days from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. with a break between 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m.. Alumni, friends, and family members are invited to attend the hearing in a showing of solidarity with and support for the University.
Over the next week, I am asking you, our supporting churches, to cover this significant hearing in your prayers. Please pray specifically that:
1. God would be glorified through this process.
2. The Court's decision would be favourable.
3. There would be a strong presence of supportive attendees in the courtroom.
4. The voices of the formal intervenors arguing in support of TWU at the hearing would be clear and convincing.
5. The Charter freedoms enjoyed by people of faith in Canada - freedom to believe, speak, act and gather together - will remain secure.
6. The TWU community would continue to gain favour in the hearts and minds of the public.
7. Faculty members, staff, students, and the leadership team would have wisdom and strength when they find themselves engaged in any consequential debate.
8. We would stand firm in faith, have courage, and we would do all this in love. (1 Cor. 16:13-14)
President, Trinity Western University