If you have a ministry opportunity to post please email email@example.com
Centre Street Church, Calgary, AB is seeking a Worship Pastor to join us on this exciting journey God has us on.
If you love worship, have a heart to make a difference in people lives, and are excited about how our worship ministry can help us accomplish our mission of introducing people to Jesus and helping them become fully devoted followers of him, we would love to talk to you.
Please note that flexibility is required as this role involves weekday, evening and weekend responsibilities.
YOUNG ADULTS and YOUTH SUMMIT
- Have a high-level worship experience at our monthly Youth Summits, weekly Young Adult services, and our retreats for both ministries.
- Raise up and disciple those within Youth & Young Adults who are gifted and called to serve in worship
- Develop worship leaders for our weekend worship services.
- Attend Youth & Young Adult meetings
- Take care of all administrative tasks associated with the role ie: ProPresenter slides, Planning Centre competency, CCLI reporting, etc.
- Serve in worship at the monthly Night of Worship services
- Be ready and available to lead worship for our weekend services at any of our campuses if needed or called upon.
- Actively teach, train and disciple our youth and young adults in how to lead worship / play on a worship team. This must be done through an intentional and weekly rhythm of development with skilled worship and band leaders (i.e. worship academy philosophy).
- Provide opportunities to play on various worship teams to grow in their gifting.
- Discover, develop and deploy worship leaders to disciple youth and young adults.
- The worship role needs to have the technical skills on how to play multiple instruments, be able to sing/lead a worship team, and discover, develop, and deploy others to do the same.
- Create and implement a plan to integrate youth and young adults to serve in worship in a variety of worship environments, including: weekend worship services, ministry specific worship elements from all campuses, prayer nights, Freedom sessions, retreats etc. This includes partnering youth & young adults with worship and band leaders as they grow and develop.
- Able to recruit, develop, disciple, and deploy those who are gifted and called to serve in our worship community
- Called by God to this position and is a disciple of Jesus.
- Experience in discipling/developing others would be an asset.
- Embraces discipleship and the responsibility to help those under your leadership grow in their relationship with Christ. Discipleship is primary, ahead of developing worship gifts.
- Team player, able to adapt to change, and do what needs to be done for the sake of the ministry
- Able to oversee tech teams, including stage, projection and sound.
- Collaborate with the Youth and Young Adults Pastors to develop each worship service.
- Excited about engaging with our Youth & Young Adults communities by participating in our services from beginning to end. Listens to the preaching time, and takes part of the connection times after.
- High-level gifting in leading worship, band leading, vocals, and can play at least one or two instruments.
- An individual who is a proven leader, who has a heart for people, and a track record of raising up others in worship.
- Multi-instrument competency (preferred).
- Previous experience with teaching music is also an asset.
- Ability to cast vision and on a high level for a CSC musical/leadership development program.
- Ability to think strategically and execute on the ground level to ensure the vision comes to fruition.
- Natural connection with the youth and young adult’s demographic.
- Understand, support and live out CSC’s membership covenant and statement of faith.
- Be a model to others of what is means to be a fully devoted follower of Christ.
- Adhere to and uphold CSC’s Human Resources Policies, Code of Conduct, Confidentiality Agreement, Job Performance Expectations, Staff Values Based Behaviours, Lifestyle Agreement and Staff Expectations.
For a complete position profile, click here. If you can check all the boxes above, we want to hear from you! Please apply by completing our CSC Employment Application and sending it along with your resume and cover letter to HR@cschurch.ca.