If you have a ministry opportunity to post please email email@example.com
CrossRoads Church, Red Deer, AB is prayerfully and diligently seeking a Senior Pastor. The Senior Pastor is a passionate, visionary leader who will oversee spiritual leadership at CrossRoads Church. The primary purposes of this role will be to provide spiritual direction and leadership to the congregation of CrossRoads. The Senior Pastor is to be a Godly person of deep faith, wisdom and courage, one that is passionate about God’s Word, and about his own spiritual walk with God.
Spiritual Leadership and Vision
- Model the heart of a pastor committed to caring for the people of CrossRoads, and passionate about reaching the lost people of Central Alberta and the world for Christ. Set the pace and the tone for who the church is and what it is becoming.
- With the Lead Team, make recommendations to the Board for establishing and revising the vision and purposes of CrossRoads.
- Seeking God personally and model the pursuit of godliness, regular prayer, regular study of the Scriptures and outreach evangelism; motivate staff and volunteers to do likewise.
- Provide leadership to keep church focused outwardly to reach the lost people of Central Alberta and the world for Christ. This is accomplished through collaboration within the Lead Team.
- Ensure that the vision is clear and faith-stretching for the staff, the pastors, and the congregation.
- The Senior Pastor, with the Church Board, is the defender of the faith and ensures that we remain in alignment with the faith and practice of the EMCC.
- Love the people of CrossRoads with a deep desire for lives to be transformed into likeness of Jesus.
Teaching and Preaching
- To be the primary preacher/teacher of CrossRoads and ensure that all who preach in his absence are in alignment in their theology and overall vision and purposes of CrossRoads. All believers are challenged, encouraged and inspired to become true followers of Jesus, living lives with understanding and commitment to worship, service, groups, and outreach.
- Oversee, develop and coordinate with other pastors on staff that may be asked by the Senior Pastor to preach throughout the year.
- Participate in some key pastoral responsibilities that are in alignment with our vision and purposes, such as baptisms and funerals.
- Provide a strong voice into our weekend services, so that the purpose and objectives of the weekend services ensure that Christ is known, people are challenged in their walk with the Lord, and the local body of Christ is united in community.
- Represent the church at community and national events, which may include those of the EMCC.
- Along with Lead Team, proactively analyze current global and local trends (cultural and societal) that have potential impact on the church’s ability to be effective and impactive in Central Alberta and world.
- Attend all staff meetings, congregational meetings and team meetings as assigned.
For a complete position profile, click here.
Submit the cover letter, resume and any additional information to: Kendra Berniko, Director of Finance and Human Resources.