Albright Church in East St. Paul, MB is looking for a Lead Pastor.
Position title: Lead Pastor
Duration: Permanent Full Time
Location: Albright Church, 415 Maxwell King Drive, East St. Paul, Manitoba
Start Date: April 8th, 2024 (apply by August 31st, 2023)
Salary: Based on experience, education and Albright salary structure
Benefits: Access to Group Insurance Benefits package
Vacation: As per Albright HR Policy – Lead Pastor
Report to: Board of Elders
You are invited to join a growing and vibrant church family in friendly Manitoba to see God do new things in our lives and in our city! As the Lead Pastor at Albright Church, you will work with a dedicated staff team and volunteers who are following Jesus on a mission together.
Our mission is to partner with God to see new people begin a relationship with Jesus, belong to God’s family and become more like Jesus. Our heart is to accept people where they are and to help each other take the next step in our journey with God.
Together with our family of churches in the Evangelical Missionary Church of Canada, our goal is to make disciples who make disciples who follow in the way of Jesus. Our prayer is that God will call the person of His choosing to lead our church, as we are all led by the Holy Spirit.
The Lead Pastor will be a person who leads with humble dependence on God and whose character is being transformed to become more like Jesus. He will display a blend of pastoral, leadership and teaching gifts along with a heart for mission. As well as having a ministry of presence He will delegate and seek to see the gifts of the whole body working together.
He will have experience in leading a church with multiple staff along with the necessary administration involved. He will work with the Board of Elders to oversee the vision and operations of Albright Church. He will have the heart to invite new people into a relationship, to model the love of Jesus and to share the truth of who He is.
Character & Experience:
The preferred candidate for this position will have the following:
- A living relationship with Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour
- A clear call to serve God as a Pastor within a local church setting
- Fulfil the leadership character qualifications set out in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, 2 Timothy 2:24- 25, Titus 1:5-9 and 1 Peter 5:1-5
- A passion for new people to begin a relationship with Jesus, belong to God’s family and become more like Jesus
- Independent confirmation of the spiritual gifts of leadership, teaching and a heart for evangelism
- Enjoy a listening relationship with God and a willingness to be led by the Holy Spirit.
- A person with a proven track record of organizational leadership, the ability to set goals, develop strategy and implement plans
- A servant leader who is able to work in a collaborative environment as a part of a team, and as a leader overseeing other team leaders.
- A person who can draw out creative ideas from others and help to refine those ideas with respect and with loose hands
- A pastor’s heart to come alongside people to listen, encourage, counsel, pray and help connect to others with a discipleship mindset
- An evangelist’s heart to build relationships and to share the truth of God with others as a model for the whole church to follow
- A person whose chief desire is to seek first God’s Kingdom and to bring Him glory ∙ Adaptive and comfortable with change. Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Practices regular spiritual disciplines to maintain a close walk with God, care for the soul and serve from an overflow of God’s life and wisdom
- Dedicated prayer life and a strong base of knowing, teaching and applying God’s word in all kinds of circumstances
- Effective at listening and communicating with people along with a willingness to use digital media in efficient forms
Specific Responsibilities: To The Church Community
- Love people as made in the image of God without bias or prejudice. Speak the truth in love and practice Albright’s peacemaking model
- Protect and model the values of Albright Church
- Respect the history of Albright Church and honour the sacrifices of those who have built a good foundation
- Cultivate the desire and discipline of prayer among the church body.
- Practice active listening to God and the church body to be led by the Holy Spirit.
- Regularly develop strategic teaching plans in line with the Spirit’s prompting and the spiritual needs of the church
- Teach the whole word of God, calling for humble obedience and practical life application with the goal of Christ-like maturity
- Be personally responsible to teach a minimum of 65% of the services (a minimum of 35 of the 54 services – 52 weekends plus Good Friday and
- Christmas Eve)
- Guide the weekend services of Albright, working with staff and teams to lead people into worship, prayer and the teaching of God’s Word. Ensure that gifted teachers are in place for all weekend services including screening outside speakers
- Facilitate regular communion times and baptisms. Ensure the provision of special services of the church, such as parent and child dedications, marriages and funerals.
- Encourage and allow for faith stories to be shared to illustrate, encourage and inspire
- Encourage a welcoming atmosphere for everyone, making sure that a newcomer integration strategy is active
- Lead by example to equip, empower and entrust ministry to others
- Ensure that the community of Albright Church is focussed and equipped to live on a mission where God has placed them
- Teach and practice the way of Jesus, to obey Christ’s commission by making disciples who make disciples
- Protect, promote and practice the mission and vision of the church. Help ministry leaders develop strategies to implement the mission and vision
- Oversee and ensure the implementation of a church discipleship strategy which enables people in various stages of spiritual growth to take the next step
- Oversee and ensure the implementation of a church evangelistic strategy which involves all gifts, various approaches, connecting points and areas of influence
- Ensure that adequate people care is in place for the whole church community and that each layer is aware of its role. People care layers include Pastoral, Elders, Church Body and Life Groups
- Practice pastoral care through compassion, love, a ministry of presence, prayer, shepherding, counsel and connecting to others
- Plan regular Communications, Family Chats and Business Meetings to ensure church community ownership
- Represent the church locally and nationally as part of our EMCC church family
To The Staff and Ministry Leaders:
- Empower all leaders in the implementation of Albright ministries
- Nurture spiritual growth through relationships, encouragement and inspiration along with constructive feedback
- Model the heart of a servant leader and set the tone for spiritually healthy relationships and a good team spirit
- Encourage setting healthy boundaries and the practice of healthy rhythms of work, rest and replenishment
- Serve as the primary pastoral support for all paid staff and their families ⮚ Plan and participate in all staff meetings, celebrations and retreats
- Ensure all staff annual reviews are carried out to encourage and to keep on track ⮚ Responsible for hiring, managing and terminating staff in consultation with the Board of Elders
- Lead the Church Management Team (Associate Pastors & Church Administrator) for consultation, collaboration and communication purposes
- Make sure that the flow of ministry is being carried out in line with the church policies and governance
- Work with the Finance Committee and Board of Elders to ensure staff and ministry leaders have the resources they need to implement the vision and mission
- Maintain, practice and review keeping the highest biblical standard of relationships to avoid any hint of sexual immorality. All alleged abuse should be reported as stated in our Plan to Protect Policy
To The Board of Elders:
- Attend all meetings of the Board of Elders as a full member. Work with the Board Chair to set the agenda.
- Provide spiritual guidance and leadership and be open to receiving direction and support
- Report people to care issues and church spiritual health
- Serve as the primary pastoral support for all the elders and their families
- Be the voice of communication from and to the staff and ministry leaders
- Ensure alignment with the vision and mission of the church
- Ensure the development of church-wide strategic planning with board support
- Ensure that each new Board of Elders understands our operating principles as outlined in the Governance Policy and General Operating By-Laws
- Ensure the identification, recruitment and service of potential church leadership in collaboration with the Board of Elders
- Provide annual Pastoral goals to the Board of Elders
- Provide regular financial updates from the Church Treasurer
- Work with the Finance Committee in preparation for the annual budget submission and to ensure the financial health and stability of Albright Church
- At Albright, we value and practice teamwork because we believe God calls us to work together for His Kingdom and glory.
- We work hard at developing good team relationships, and communication and at staying on mission together
- We believe that no ministry or leader should be isolated, rather we see ourselves as part of a team. Our Governance Flow Chart illustrates the team connections, accountability and support lines
- Each staff member participates with other staff and leaders in creating a positive teamwork environment. This includes communicating clearly all required information to office staff so plans can be coordinated
- Albright office staff is available to support the pastoral staff and ministry directors in the fulfilment of their responsibilities
- The Lead Pastor will prepare for and lead all church staff meetings
- To be a healthy leader, you are encouraged to maintain spiritual discipline, which will assist your personal spiritual formation. The discipline of self-care will include times of spiritual, physical, emotional and mental refreshment and replenishment.
- This includes the option of a retreat day as requested, balancing ministry work and family life and a regular assessment of responsibilities that may be released to others. Professional development is encouraged and a portion of the church budget is available for this.
- Cultivate and grow in your relationship with Christ and His church
- Qualify for membership in Albright Church
- Able to give full support to and uphold the Statement of Faith, Vision and Values as well as the General Operating By-Laws of Albright Church and the EMCC, and Albright’s Plan to Protect Policy Able to give full support to and live out the Mission Statement of Albright Church
- Agree with and live out the Leadership Code of Conduct of Albright Church
- Demonstrate servant leadership within an interdependent team
- Pursue authentic and healthy relationships in your home and with those you work with
- Handle relational conflict with truth and grace according to “The Peace Maker” model
- Be committed to your own personal spiritual formation disciplines and professional training for ongoing growth and development in all aspects of life
- Submit a current Criminal Record Check in accordance with Albright’s Plan to Protect Policy
Education & Credentials:
- Have a balanced, combined education and relevant ministry experience equivalent to a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in theology as well as experience in pastoral ministry
- Minimum of five years experience in supervising, mentoring and developing both paid staff and volunteers
- Be ordained and in good standing with the EMCC or be both willing and eligible to be
- Alternatively, be ordinated and in good standing with a like-minded denomination in faith, vision and values. Be willing to transfer ordination credentials or be eligible for and willing to pursue credentials with the EMCC
To apply please send the following by Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Lead Pastor, by August 31st, 2023.
- A cover letter expressing your interest and fit
- Your comprehensive resume (including bio, gifts and experience)
- Your faith story (including God’s guidance and your journey of transformation)
- Your philosophy of ministry
- Links to recent teaching presentations (3 minimum) or supply alternative media
To get a feel for the people and heartbeat of Albright we encourage you to download our Church App or explore our website: albrightchurch.com