If you have a ministry opportunity to post please email email@example.com
Centre Street Church, Calgary, AB is seeking to hire a Human Resources Assistant to join us on this exciting journey God has us on. If you have a passion for people, excellent administrative and process skills, have a heart to make a difference in people lives, and are excited about how our Community Groups ministry can help us accomplish our mission of introducing people to Jesus and helping them become fully devoted followers of him, we would love to talk to you.
The Human Resources Assistant role focuses on “paper and process” by providing a wide range of administrative and coordination support to the Human Resources & Staff Care team. This position acts as a “hub” for Human Resources functional areas such as recruitment, employee file, benefits, onboarding and offboarding, and training.
- Coordinate recruitment activities such as formatting job descriptions, posting, sourcing, tracking, interview scheduling, screening, coordinate background screening and support reference check process, preparation of offer letters.
- Facilitate employee orientation/onboarding to present CSC key information, policies, and procedures as well as complete employee forms.
- Maintain personal/ employment records through internal Human Resources systems.
- Assist new employees in the onboarding process including preparation of general Human Resources and benefit paperwork administration and support.
- Liaise with Payroll to provide necessary employee information or support employee questions as required.
- File all relevant documentation related to the employment lifecycle in a timely fashion in accordance with best records management practices and alignment with privacy legislation.
- Work collaboratively with the Human Resources & Staff Care team on various projects and initiatives.
- Assist in the administration of employee surveys, compensation, and performance management programs etc.
- Source and coordinate various employment and job grant programs (e.g. summer interns).
- Support data audits in preparation for key Human Resources cycles to ensure data accuracy and prepares draft reporting on HR Executive Limitations.
- Create reporting for new and existing initiatives.
- Adhere to all privacy and confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Provide backup support for other team members as needed, including providing relief coverage for “front desk” on a periodic basis when needed.
- Assist with other special projects and duties as required.
Key Skills and Aptitudes:
- Degree or diploma in Human Resources, Administration, or Business along with three years of relevant work experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Background in recruitment and onboarding practices is an asset.
- Ability to develop, document and implement processes.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work well in dynamic, fast-paced situations and jump in to make things happen
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Strong communication, analytical and interpersonal skills with the ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines and handle competing priorities.
- Exceptional time management skills along with the ability to prioritize work effectively in keeping with deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships with all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Desire to work in a “paper and process” and first point of contact role.
- Ability and eagerness to adapt and grow with change and to accept new challenges and assignments.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to switch between a variety of tasks throughout each day.
- Works in an office environment, with prolonged sitting and computer keyboarding.
- Exhibits professionalism, conscientious work ethic, teaching ability, and accountability.
- Able to exercise discernment and wise judgement.
- A clear understanding and passion to see people grow to be Fully Devoted Followers of Jesus Christ evidenced in the ability to carry out the necessary administrative duties required to support our ministry.
- Excellent time management, task prioritization and organizational skills, balanced with a love for people.
- Proven ability to prioritize, multi-task and work effectively in a multi person office environment.
If you can check all the boxes above, we want to hear from you! For a complete position profile, click here. Please apply by completing our CSC Employment Application and sending it along with your resume and cover letter to HR@cschurch.ca.