If you have a ministry opportunity to post please email email@example.com
Centre Street Church, Calgary AB is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join us on this exciting journey God has us on.
If you have a passion for administration, have a heart to make a difference in people lives, and are excited about how our Community Groups ministry can help us accomplish our mission of introducing people to Jesus and helping them become fully devoted followers of him, we would love to talk to you.
Please note that flexibility is required as this role involves some evening and weekend responsibilities.
- Manage database entry using church database (the “Rock”).
- Attend Community Pastors’ and Maranatha Seniors’ team planning meetings to gain understanding of the total ministry (eg. upcoming events) and to assist in organizing follow-up for action items.
- Assist with the bookkeeping for the department under the supervision of the Team Lead and Ministry Assistant. Preparing cheque requests for the Community Groups teams.
- Liaise with other departments such as Building Services, Food Services and Communications on behalf of the Community Group Team.
- Maintenance of Community Group Team calendar and events, room bookings and equipment, general office duties including email and file management, statistical tracking and reporting for the CSC ministry health report, ordering and dispersing of printed and electronic material, and project preparation and correspondence.
- Work closely with the Ministry Assistant for Community Pastors, giving assistance and soliciting assistance as required.
- Provide communication support as needed, including emails, phone calls, and other correspondence.
- Occasional evening and weekend event planning and support required, e.g. Leader Training, Group Events.
- Participate in CSC Staff functions, events and meetings.
- Oversee collection and completion of team paperwork, including “Plan to Protect” process for groups/leaders serving children.
- A clear understanding and passion to see people grow to be Fully Devoted Followers of Jesus Christ evidenced in the ability to carry out the necessary administrative duties required to support our ministry.
- Excellent time management, task prioritization and organizational skills, balanced with a love for people.
- Proven ability to invite people to serve and work with volunteers and volunteer teams.
- Demonstrated Spiritual Gifts of Administration and Helps are essential to this position.
- Spiritual Gifts of Discernment, Encouragement, Wisdom would be of benefit in this role.
- Proven ability to prioritize, multi task and work effectively in a multi person office environment.
- Excellent working knowledge Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and the Internet.
- Previous experience as an Administrative Assistant, or comparable role.
For a complete position profile, click here. If you can check all the boxes above, we want to hear from you! Please apply by completing our CSC Employment Application and sending it along with your resume and cover letter to HR@cschurch.ca.