COUNTRY: International DEVELOPMENT INITIATIVE RD127:
Church and Community Transformation (CCT) TARGET:
$15,000 - $20,000 CAD per project. BENEFICIARIES:
2019-2020, this project will benefit 50 Kebeles in SW Ethiopia. DESCRIPTION:
World Partners provides assistance to Global Partner Churches who are lifting their communities out of poverty, towards increasing transformation. Where Partner Churches need to be awakened to God's call for them to minister to the whole person (physical, social and spiritual needs), we enable them through Church and Community Transformation (CCT), first pioneered by Tearfund UK. So we’ve decided to begin providing modest grants to our partners for helping to mobilize churches to integrate development with the proclamation of the good news of Jesus' Way.
Step 1 > Awakening the Church
- Churches are trained and understand their biblical mandate for holistic ministry - to care for the social, economic, emotional and spiritual needs of all God’s people and creation.
- Churches mobilize their members and resources for holistic purposes
Step 2 > Church Mobilizing with Community
- Churches engage with their communities for integral development.
- Communities are mentored in relevant topics, such as prayer, group formation, empowerment, conservation agriculture, gardening, savings and loans, etc.
- Churches and communities understand their situation, and have motivation and options to transform it positively.
Step 3 > Church and Community Transformation
- Churches mobilized serve their families and communities holistically.
- Churches and Communities’ lives are improved socially, economically, emotionally, and spiritually, blessing others as followers of Jesus.
Learn about God's resources
available to everyone.
[CCT info & Photo Credit - TEARFUND]