is a camping youth retreat taking place May 25-27, 2018. Our desire is to facilitate a weekend where communities can connect together and grow in their relationship with each other and with Jesus Christ.
Everyone who comes to The Weekend registers as a member of a group. The registration fee covers program, camp site, and meals from Saturday breakfast to Sunday lunch. If campers opt out of meals, the price remains the same. Tuck shop (snacks), café items, and any merchandise are an additional expense.
Leaders are free.
HOW TO REGISTER
See Registration Info
You will be able to pay with a credit card when you register your group on-line. Or you can send in a cheque made payable to Evangelical Missionary Youth and mail it to 214 Highland Rd E, Kitchener, ON. N2M 3W2.
When you register your group, at the camp, we collect a $20 cash deposit which will be returned to you, upon an inspection of your campsite on Sunday morning. This will not be included on your invoice, because you should be getting it back!
If your tenting each group must provide its own tents for accommodation on the grounds. Tenting locations and cabins will be assigned at final registration on Friday, May 25th. We cannot guarantee access to hydro or water.
ADULT LEADER REQUIREMENTS
Each group is responsible for having at least one male adult leader for every seven (7) male students and one female adult leader for every seven (7) female students. The adult leader should be over the age of 21 and attending the entire retreat. The adult leader should be involved in all the activities of the weekend and encourage the students to be also. Leaders register in the same manner as the students.
ADULT LEADER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervision of your own students. Please know where your students are at all times. Make sure your students adhere to the basic camp rules (as specified on the individual registration forms)as well as any additional rules you work out as a group ahead of time. We ask that you be respectful of other groups.
- You must handle the discipline of your own youth. The Weekend staff assigned to supervision duty will do only what has to be done on the spot to maintain The Weekend guidelines. Group leaders are responsible for the details and the follow up with their own students. Please make sure that your students are in their designated area and are quiet after lights out.
- Be alert to safety and property damage problems. Note that fireworks in any form will not be tolerated at the camp.
- If one of your campers is hospitalized for any reason, contact the parents or guardians to keep them informed as soon as possible.
- Set a good example in cooperation & enthusiasm.
- Guide conversation in your small group times and be available to pray with your own students and lead them to Christ when the opportunity arises.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE ON-SITE
- Your registrar should bring to the retreat the completed individual registration forms for each person registered and payment (cheque or credit card) to cover the balance owing (made out to Evangelical Missionary Youth)
- When you arrive at Rivers Edge Campour Safety Services team will direct you and you vehicles to your campsite.
- When you arrive at Rivers Edge Camp, your registrar must report to the registration area at the front office to hand in your Individual Registration Forms, pay the balance owing, receive wristbands and information packs for your group.
Other Registration Questions:
What should I do about late registration?
Late registrations should be added as soon as you receive them. You may bring payment for late registrations when you come to The Weekend.
How do I cancel people I have registered?
In the event of cancellations, fees paid may be transferred to another camper. If you must cancel a camper, please call or email our registrar.
For all other questions contact Alison Lefebvre at email@example.com
View this Leader Information as a PDF document