If you have a ministry opportunity to post please email email@example.com
Centre Street Church in Calgary, AB is looking for a Finance Manager
If you have a heart for using your skills and abilities to make a difference in people’s lives, and are excited about how your experience can help us accomplish our mission, we would love to talk to you!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop strategies, together with Senior Leaders, to help model and communicate Biblical values in the Finance related activities of CSC.
- Manage full accounting cycle for the church, including supervising payables and receivables.
- Provide accurate and timely monthly/quarterly/year-end financial reports for management, Finance and Audit Committee, Board of Governors, and regulatory bodies.
- Ensure organization is maintaining ethical integrity and complying with all appropriate statutes and regulations.
- Participate in the development and implementation of annual budgets, as required by the Board of Governors of CSC.
- Build productive and supportive working relationships with ministry staff and financial institutions.
- Facilitate annual external audit, prepare audit schedules, and respond to financial audit queries in a timely manner.
- Direct, in collaboration with Human Resources, payroll processes, compliance monitoring, remitting, and reporting.
- Handle special project as requested by senior leadership.
- Experience in discovering, developing and deploying volunteers.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational and time/self-management skills.
- Possess a strong curiosity to learn and ask crucial questions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to respectfully deal with conflict using the principles set out in Matthew 18.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Ability and/or experience of working in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to problem-solve/troubleshoot “on the fly”
- Detail-oriented and ability to complete tasks quickly and effectively
- Have the primary spiritual gifts of administration and leadership.
- Be a finance partner and advisor to staff and congregants on biblical stewardship.
- Have hands on experience in full-cycle accounting and good financial management practices.
- Demonstrate ability to attract, empower, develop, and retain staff and volunteers.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office with above average excel skills.
- Understand laws and regulations governing charitable organizations.
- Possesses a process improvement mindset and willingness to learn.
- Education: a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Commerce, Finance, Business Administration, or a related field with a strong understanding of accounting principles and (ASPNO) standards.
- At least 8 years of accounting experience, including 3 years in a leadership position.
- Current CPA designation, or working toward it
- Understand, support and live out CSC’s membership covenant and statement of faith.
- Be a model to others of what is means to be a fully devoted follower of Christ.
- Willingness to commit to and uphold CSC’s Human Resources Policies, Code of Conduct, Confidentiality Agreement, Job Performance Expectations, Staff Values Based Behaviours, Lifestyle Agreement and Staff Expectations.
If you can check all the boxes above, we want to hear from you!
Please apply by completing our CSC Employment Application and sending it along with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to download job application PDF