If you have a ministry opportunity to post please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Bethany EMC, Kitchener is seeking to hire a Custodian to ensure that all areas of the church are clean and ready for staff and members of the congregation to use.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- cleaning and sanitizing washrooms;
- cleaning and minor repairs of all windows and doors;
- vacuuming and cleaning of carpet;
- setting up rooms for meetings and assisting with preparations for events such as weddings, funerals, etc.;
- dusting and cobweb removal;
- checking of sanctuary, removing garbage and cleaning pews when needed;
- unlocking and locking church at specified times;
- replacing any burned out lights;
- taking out garbage and recycling;
- putting in supply orders and picking them up;
- minor repairs and painting;
- other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to:
- work with office staff and Facilities team to make sure kitchen area is up to standards with Food Safety Legislation;
- observe proper chemical handling procedures when working with cleaning agents, including wearing gloves, goggles or masks and following written or verbal instructions;
- interact with church members and staff in a respectful, positive manner.
For more information, please see the complete position profile.